Sunday, October 18, 2015

First Birthday a la Ballet

I previously posted about how I love throwing kid parties.  I can't help it. It's the suburban crafter in me.  I may have considered Vera's gender reveal party to be her first party, but here is the real deal. Vera's first birthday party.
 
Since I project my love for dance upon my infant by pretending she's already a ballerina and I have some good tutu pics, by default she ended up with a ballet birthday.
 
 
I made this little high chair tutu for the big moment. At first she had no idea what to do with the cake, but after some encouragement, she dug into the icing.  Girl knows the good stuff.  She also loves fruit, so I made some little toppers thanks to my Silhouette and some glitter cardstock and put them on toothpicks and fancied up the fruit a little.
 
 
Rather than attempting the cake (I don't really do anything that involves the kitchen), I ordered a little pink cake with pearls and cupcakes and added some more of the toppers I made.

 
As party favors I had mini square prints and stickers of her one year photo shoot and also rock candy for the kiddos.  I ordered the Minisquares and stickers as well as some Mighty Prints I displayed from Social Print Studio http://www.socialprintstudio.com/ . They have some cool products and their prints and squares are printed on a thick cardstock that is just generally awesome.  I had lots of party attendees asking where I got the prints, so I thought I would post a shout out to SPS.

 
I wanted to do something fun as a memento from her party, so I bought a pink leather notebook and had everyone write a little note to her. I plan to give it to her when she turns 16 as something fun to look through and that she can use when she's older to write her masterpieces after all the love in the front of it.
 
 
 
Since I took all of her monthly pics with tutus, I had to put together a little month-by-month arrangement as part of the décor.
 
From all of the outtakes, I found wiggly baby moments that actually look like she's executing fantastic ballet moves and made this poster.
 
 
To show off some of her cute 1 yr pics, I made a little ribbon garland and used clothespins to display the pics for the party (these are Mighty Prints from SPS above).
 
 
Overall it was a successful party, full of cuteness and lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment