Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cheerleader Menality

I was a high school cheerleader.  I know, that's pretty suburban, right?  Well I've found that the cheerleader dies hard.  Not only do I still maintain an unhealthy personal fondness for all things SM West (not that I miss high school, I just love West), but I suffer from cheerleader mentality.
Basically I'm a fan of anyone and anything that has crossed my path and not been terrible.  I realized this when I was describing to my husband why I love Facebook. 
That person who I haven't seen since 8th grade... they're in a Broadway show! 
That guy who sat 3 rows down from me in my geometry class... he just had a baby! 
That girl from my law school that I haven't seen since graduation... she just opened her own firm!
  All of this sounds ridiculous to my husband.  "You haven't talked to these people in years.  Why do you care?"  Well, I figured it out.  The cheerleader dies hard.  I like to see people succeed.  I like to hear about the victories in their lives and to cheer them on (you know, by "liking" their posts and bragging to whomever might slightly care).  It doesn't matter that I haven't seen or talked to them in years.  If I have even the loosest connection to them they are obviously awesome and worthy of success and happiness.  If that creeps you out, unfriend me, because I am secretly (or not so secretly) cheering for you.
Oh, and if I find something I love, I want to share it.  So hopefully I can do that through posts on this blog.  By the way, if you're reading this, then you're officially awesome and I'm cheering for you!
 





1 comment:

  1. That's me! Back left of your stunting picture! And I suffer from this exact same mentality!

    ReplyDelete