Saturday, February 8, 2014

Gender Reveal: The Party

Every good suburban mom likes to throw a party for her kids, and really, this is one thing I have never denied.  We had a little gender reveal party and I really view this as my baby's first party, even if it's still in my belly. :)  It was lots of fun.  We just had family over.  I had everyone take their pic at our little "photo booth" with either a mustache or lips for their predictions.  Then I Photoshopped this collage for the baby book.
I had these fun gender reveal confetti push pops.  I had really wanted some kind of confetti poppers and when I saw these on Etsy I thought they were great.  To make it even better, the ladies that run this Etsy shop live here in Johnson County, so I was able to arrange for local pick up and didn't have to pay for shipping.  (Here's their site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/genderreveal?ref=l2-shop-info-name.  They have a few other gender reveal items too.  Message them and they can probably set you up with local pick up.)

After a bit of a battle with a cranky 3 year old, we were finally able to get him to cooperate so we could all do the fun gender reveal together.  We all pushed our confetti revealers and the pink confetti went flying!  It's was lots of fun and a great way to share our news.  The little ones had some fun making angels in the confetti afterwards and it was actually quite a bit easier to clean up than I anticipated.  Overall, it was a great first party and a wonderful way to celebrate our girl with our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment